|A Wordle of all the Psalms (World English Bible)|
This last Sunday, I was asked to direct the music (our regular music director was on vacation) for our two "contemporary" services. This being the first Sunday of the month in a Methodist Church, it was Communion Sunday. Our typical order of service on these days is:
- Three Songs - two standing, loud, fast; one seated, more reflective
- Prayers of the people
- Scripture Reading
- "Table Talk" - a short sermon
- Communion, served in the front, by intinction
- Closing Song
- "My Soul is..." and "How Long will..."
- "The Lord is..." and "Our God is..."
- "Grant us..." and "Save us from..." and "Thank you for..."